Transfers Tosun to Everton ‘not finished’, says Besiktas chief Dom Farrell Last updated 1 year ago 20:03 1/3/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Transfers Everton Beşiktaş Premier League Süper Lig The Turkish club say that any deal is not near completion, and claim to have rejected a bid from a Chinese Super League club Everton still have work to do in order to complete the signing of Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun, the Turkish Super Lig side have revealed.Turkey international Tosun was understood to be on the verge of sealing a £25 million move to Goodison Park, with Besiktas chairman Fikret Orman reportedly due in London for meetings with the Everton hierarchy on Wednesday.But speaking at the signing ceremony for new recruit Domagoj Vida, Orman told reporters his club have previously turned down an offer in excess of what Everton tabled from a Chinese Super League club. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player “We had an offer from Everton. But the situation is not finished yet,” he said.”We had an offer from a Chinese club for him too. They offered €35 million but we didn’t even talk about that.”Cenk Tosun’s future is important to us too.”Tosun, 26, has scored 14 goals in 24 matches for Besiktas this season, including four in six outings as Senol Gunes’ side reached the knockout stages of the Champions League.
While you’re here, we’d like you to consider subscribing to Pistols Firing and becoming a PFB+ member. It’s a big ask from us to you, but it also comes with a load of benefits like ad-free browsing (ads stink!), access to our premium room in The Chamber and monthly giveaways.The other thing it does is help stabilize our business into the future. As it turns out, sending folks on the road to cover games and provide 24/7 Pokes coverage like the excellent article you just read costs money. Because of our subscribers, we’ve been able to improve our work and provide the best OSU news and community anywhere online. Help us keep that up. In Saturday’s season-opening tilt with the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, two notable starters were missing from the fold.It was reported in the pre-game that both defensive end Jordan Brailford and wide receiver Chris Lacy would not (and did not) play Saturday due to injuries. According to the report from Oklahoma State insider Robert Allen, Brailford was held out due to a leg injury and did not suit up, while Chris Lacy was held out as a precaution due to a knee injury.In Mike Gundy’s press conference following the game, he did state that he expects both guys to be back in practice this week. Both injuries seem to have held them out on a precautionary basis, but it will be something to keep an eye on this week as they hopefully eye a return to the field.Chris Lacy back on the #okstate depth chart this week, backing up Washington. DE Jordan Brailford listed as an “or” with Cole Walterscheid.— Nathan Ruiz (@NathanSRuiz) September 5, 2016Other depth chart notes this week:• Larry Williams starting at RG (which actually happened on Saturday) and Jesse Robinson as the new backup LG• Darius Curry starting at nickel• Michael Wilson was taken off the two deep at center and moved to RT• DeQuinton Osborne slides into the No. 2 DT slot behind Vincent Taylor and Sugar Loaf Daniels moves to No. 3• Kevin Henry was added as the No. 3 WLB with the announcement that Josh Mabin is retiring• Jeff Carr was added as the No. 3 KR• Max Allan was added as the No. 3 PKFive possible starters listed at running back for #okstate again pic.twitter.com/A4lcePj1qp— Dekota Gregory (@dekotagregory) September 5, 2016