Sam Allardyce expects Dame N’Doye to complete Sunderland move imminently

first_img1 Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce expects striker Dame N’Doye to complete his move to the Stadium of Light shortly and hopes the Senegal international can have an instant impact on the club’s Barclay’s Premier League survival bid.Striker N’Doye, 30, sold by Hull to Turkish club Trabzonspor for £2.2million in August, was at the Academy of Light on Monday afternoon to finalise the move.“Dame N’Doye is going through the process,” Allardyce said. “He’s in the building at the moment.“We hope to pull off a deal until the end of the season with a view to a more permanent move.“He’s experienced the Premier League before with Hull City last season and scored five goals in 12 matches.“I hope he can emulate that for us or maybe do even better.”N’Doye joined Hull from Lokomotiv Moscow in a £3million deal in early 2015 and Allardyce feels the forward’s previous spell in the English top flight will help him settle in quickly as Sunderland bid to beat the drop.“Having had that experience last year, when Hull were struggling, and scoring on a regular basis, it can be very important for him settling in straight away and scoring for us,” said Allardyce, who hopes to further strengthen his squad.“We’ve been linked with 39 players since December and probably 30 of them have been wrong,” he said.Allardyce, whose side were knocked out of the FA Cup following the 3-1 weekend defeat at Arsenal, has quickly turned his attentions to Wednesday’s crucial match at relegation rivals Swansea and next Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off at Tottenham.Victory for the Black Cats, second bottom, would see them close to within a point of the Welsh side, who are one place and two points above the bottom three.Sunderland completed their first transfer window signing last week when they paid a reported fee of around £750,000 for former Bayern Munich defender Jan Kirchhoff and he could be involved at Swansea.“We’ll train him for the next couple of days and I think we’ll probably take him in the squad,” Allardyce added.“We’ll probably make a decision (on Tuesday) whether we go with him as substitute or whether he starts.“He’ll certainly be involved against Tottenham. Hopefully he can hit the ground running. That’s the hard bit for a young man who enters the Premier League for the first time at this time of year.“Can they hit the ground running and can he produce what we know he can produce straight away? That’s the hard bit.“But it’s the risk we had to take at this moment in time – one, with the quality of the player and two, with the position we’re in – because for me we’ve got to do something more to become more resilient defensively.” Dame N’Doye last_img read more

Hart district delays settlement

first_imgSANTA CLARITA – The Hart high school district has withheld payments of a $234,253 settlement to its former finance chief pending the results of an audit of skyrocketing construction costs. The audit was ordered shortly after the ouster of Rory Livingston, the district’s former assistant superintendent of business, who oversaw construction and renovation of district campuses. Costs exceeded budgets by some $43 million. The board of the William S. Hart Union High School District bought out the remainder of Livingston’s contract, according to a settlement and separation agreement. The settlement was supposed to be paid in 18 monthly installments of $13,014, but district officials said no payments will be made until the audit is examined. “No one is blaming Mr. Livingston for what’s happened, but we thought it best to have a set of independent eyes look at our practices and tell us what we did well and what we did not so well,” Superintendent Jaime Castellanos said Tuesday. Board members hope the audit will help answer their questions regarding construction spending. “I hope to find out how much (Livingston) spent, how he applied the resources, and which funds he took it from,” board member Dennis King said in an interview last week. “The first part of the audit is to get a firmer handle on what costs were and where the money came from and the second part is to see what else comes up,” King said. While King said he lost confidence in Livingston’s abilities, he stressed there is no evidence of wrongdoing by the former administrator. “At this point there are no specific allegations of anybody.” connie.llanos@dailynews.com (661) 257-5254 ——— IF YOU GO The board of the William S. Hart Union High School District will meet at 7:30 p.m. today at the district administrative center, 21515 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’Livingston could not be reached for comment. Colbi Technologies Inc. conducted the audit, which will be presented at tonight’s board meeting. The board agreed in July to spend up to $30,000 on the review. Under the separation agreement, Livingston must provide consultant services to the district for 11/2 years at no cost except for gas and mileage, to advise on construction projects started during his tenure at the district. Project costs at Canyon and Saugus high schools, and Arroyo Seco Junior High have run a total of almost $43 million over budget, some of that attributed to unforeseen conditions such as rising material costs and geological problems. Livingston’s employment agreement was automatically renewed Jan. 1. The decision came later to oust him, requiring the buyout. last_img read more